Creamy Protein Mousse
Yogurt has often been advertised as a healthy, guilt-free snack or meal replacement. This always bothers me because I know just how many simple carbs and sugars most flavored yogurts contain.
Many people are deceived into thinking that the creamy, fruit flavored snack will help them lose fat, while it does just the opposite. Here's a recipe for a creamy, fruit flavored snack that is actually packed with protein and free of fattening sugars.
Here's what you need:
- 1 cup chopped fruit
- 1 (13.5oz) can coconut milk, full fat (chilled in the fridge overnight)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 frozen bananas, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup stevia-sweetened vanilla protein powder
- Chill the can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight. Do NOT shake the can up at all! Carefully turn the can over and open from the bottom. Drain out the liquid and scoop the white cream into a food processor. Discard the liquid.
- Throw all of the ingredients into a food processor. Blend on high until creamy. Enjoy chilled.