Turkey Spinach Salad
Here's a quick and flavorful salad that makes a wonderful fitness meal. It's filled with fiber, protein and satisfying flavor. Use the dressing recipe below whenever salad is on the menu for dinner. Servings: 4
Here's what you need...
- 2 cups shredded roasted turkey
- 1 organic apple, chopped
- 2 organic celery stalks, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup organic, red grapes, halved
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon orange zest
- Stevia to taste
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Dash of salt and pepper
- In a small bowl whisk the olive oil, orange juice, orange zest, stevia, Dijon, salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl combine the turkey, apple, celery, mint and grapes. Toss with the dressing.
- Prepare each plate with a pile of spinach. Top with the turkey salad mixture.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: Calories: 289 Fat: 15 g Carbohydrates: 13 g Sodium: 795 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 25 g